- Gather all your Docs: 2×2 Photo, Passport, Hotel Reservation, Round Trip Airplane Tickets, Proof of Income: ITR, Employment Certificate, Bank Deposit Certificate addressed to the Turkish Embassy Consul. Proof of Intent to Return to the Philippines: Land Registry Certificates, Bank Deposit (too), Leave Approval Form from your HR. Applied for Travel Insurance in WorldNomads.com
- Group the documents into 5:
- 01 Biometric Photo
- 02 Proof of Income – ITR, Employment Certificate, Bank Certificate, Stock Certificate
- 03 Flight Reservation – Cebu Pac Ticket, Qatar Airways Ticket
- 04 Hotel Reservation – 2 Hotel Reservations
- 05 Intent to Return – Transfer Certificate Title, Leave Approval Form
Scan your photo into a JPG File. Scan the other 4 into PDF files, each file not exceeding 2 MB.
3. Go through the Pre-Application Process in visa.gov.tr. Upload files made in Number 2 during the process. End result is a pre-formatted and filled in Visa Application Form. Printed Visa application form.
4. Submit Everything. Site prompts you to Make an Appointment after Submitting Everything. Proceed to Making an Appointment with the Turkish Embassy. Printed Screenshot of the Approved Appointment.
5. Prepare Docs prior to appointment: Passport, 2 x 2 Photo White Background, Photocopy of all Passport Pages with Stamps and Visas, 2835 Pesos for the Tourist Visa Application Fee (kulang yung pera ko yikes), Printed Hotel Reservations, Printed Roundtrip Ticket, Printed Certificate of Insurance from World Nomads. Certificate of Employment. Bank Certificate. (Not to be submitted but brought with me anyway: Leave Approval Form, ITR, Transfer Certificate of Title, Stock Cert. Basically hard copies of all things mentioned in Number 1. 150 Pesos for Embassy Shuttle in Dasmarinas Village.
6. Appointment Day – Find yourself in MRT 3 Magallanes Station. Walk on the Alphaland Side of Magallanes then Ecology Village then the Dasmarinas Village beside it. Leave an ID with the Guard if he’s in the mood to get IDs. Ride Shuttle that goes around every 30 mins. Write down your Details on the Shuttle Log-Book. Shuttle stops at Dasmarinas Village Office. Pay 150. Contemplate whether to withdraw from the ATMs in the Village Office for Visa Fee risking getting left behind by the shuttle. Did not withdraw. Big Mistake. Ride Shuttle Again. Shuttle stops at the Embassies in the Log-Book. Russia. Nigeria (Maraming Filipinos sa Nigeria). Libya. India. Got off the Shuttle when driver shouted “Turkey!”
7. Enter a Dasmarinas Village-sized House Gate. Leave Bag and Cellphone with Guards in exchange for an Visitor’s Pass.
8. Enter House if Guard allows you to. They allow people to enter probably when the Secretary is there. Lucky me she arrived around 9:30 AM.
9. Enter House/Embassy. Dim 70/80s style Bungalow Mansion welcomes you – but its not actually a bungalow since there’s a second floor where the Ambassador probably holds office. Line up to write Details again in another Logbook inside the house.
10. Wait. Make Chika with your fellow Visa Applicants. Listen to their stories and reasons they were there with you applying for Transit, Permanent Residence, Tourist and Student Visas. Listen to their stories of Anorexic Amos, of crossing the Cyprus-Turkey Border, of their knowledge of Anatolia, Izmir and other provinces of Turkey. Of Circumsized men and if its masarap. Of traydor Filipinos and why they don’t trust other Filipinos easily anymore, or of kind Filipinos who provide clothing to students during the cold winter months when the students who have nothing. Of standing their ground so their employers won’t abuse them.
10. Guard calls your name. Proceed to Secretary’s Room. Greet Secretary a good morning. Greet everyone with a Good Morning. Secretary inspects your documents. Ask you questions. Why are you there? Why Turkey? Said I was there for the Kebabs. Mentioned the places I wanted to go to: Hagia Sofia, Blue Mosque.. And genuinely want to be there. Secretary asks for Employment Certificate and Travel Insurance. I provided the Copies.
11. Secretary asks for 2 Claim Stubs. Where do I get those? Get it outside. Gone outside and got 2 Claim Stubs. Went back in and gave the claim stubs. Asks for 2835 pesos. I brought only 2650 with me. Secretary returns the Documents: Come back if your payment is complete.
12. Hurriedly rush out to meet the Shuttle just on time. Ride back to the Dasmarinas Village gate. Withdrawed money from BDO in Alphaland. Made it back in time for the next shuttle trip. Did not get off to pay the fee.
13. Got off at Turkey. Left Cellphones with the Guard.
14. Waited for around 30 mins and Made Chika. Secretary was upstairs entertaining someone who’s there to meet the Ambassador.
15. Secretary goes down, calls names and gives first batch of Released Documents, passports and sukli of application fees.
16. Guard Lines up the next batch of Interviewees for the Secretary. Went ahead of the line to Pay. Got my Passport Taken. Got my Claim Stub saying release date is on the 6th of October.
17. Got out again to meet the Shuttle just in Time. Guard in Gates line up IDs of those making their way out of Dasmarinas Village. Got my ID.
18. Ate Bagnet at Shoops (?) in Alphaland for a Job well done.